This section gives a brief insight into the world of library management. It is by no means an exhaustive list of topics, but rather a taste of the more common and interesting topics covering this field of study.
- THE BOOKLESS LIBRARY
Myth or reality?
- ELECTRONIC BOOKs (eBooks)
- ELECTRONIC JOURNALS (eJournals)
Reducing the cost of changeable information to libraries
- THE USER/CATALOGUE INTERFACE
Can we do more for library users?
- THE USER PAY SYSTEM
Should access to information be free or paid for?
- SELECTIVE DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION
Current awareness services
- PRESERVATION OF DIGITAL INFORMATION
A new approach
- BOOK REVIEWS
What to include
- REFERENCE QUESTIONS
Dealing with questions from library users
- THESAURUS CONSTRUCTION
Theory and practical steps
- GENDER ISSUES
A basic psychological explanation of gender differences in the library
- THE INFORMATION EXPLOSION
Could databases provide the key to managing the world of information?
- THE SYSTEMS LIBRARIAN
What do they do?
- HISTORY OF LIBRARY MANAGEMENT
- THE SEARCH STRATEGY
How to find information